Popular Heel Types
The heel that you settle for can determine the overall look of the shoe and comfort when wearing or walking in your shoes. Considering that high heeled shoes are said to add to the gracefulness of a woman’s walking style, many women love them compared to flats. Luckily the heels can be high, mid or low so you are able to choose a length that you can comfortably walk in and match with your outfit too.
- Pumps: They are simply known as high heels. They are wider standing between 2 and 3 inches in height. The heels have a low cut around the front.
- Kitten heels: They are stylish and low, making them ideal for work events and even parties. They are the best when you are looking for comfort and fashion without the need for extra height. Their low nature makes them suitable for all day wearing.
- Sling back heels: The sling back heels have a strap that goes around the Achilles heel back, unlike the ankle strap heels. They offer a more elegant look and at the same time stabilize the shoe and movement.
- Platform: These heels can be short or tall. What makes them unique is the part of the under the sole that tends to be thicker. Most women attest to the fact that the higher versions are more comfortable because of the reduced height differential between the front and back of the feet.
- Chunky heels: They are heels that have a wider base usually square in shape. They are shorter and medium than they are high and are loved because of the stability they offer compared to stilettos and traditional high heels.
- Stilettos: They are the highest high heels you can find and can go as high as 8 inches. They can be challenging to walk in depending on the height selected, but they offer a leg lengthening effect and are found to be very sexy.
- Ankle strap heels: They are ever in style and have a strap that runs around the ankle, making them very comfortable and secure to walk in.
- Wedge: You can find wedge heels or wedge sandals. The heels are flush like any other high heel and they generally do not have any separation between the sole and heel. Wedge sandals will have a sandal upper that is more open. Wedges are very comfortable and stylish.
- Cone heels: The heels come with a sole that is wider with a narrower base forming a cone shape.
- Espadrille. These heels are a new sensation on the fashion scene. The shoes come with a fabric upper and the soles are made from plaited fiber. They are like a pair of traditional flats but you can find them in wedge or heel base as well.