- Keep it safe from being stretched: Even if there is a little bit of carelessness in handling new and well fitting jeans, it can cause the wear and tear of your brand new jeans due to overstretching. Thus, care should be taken to keep the fabric as stable as possible so as to avoid puckering of the fabric. Although the denim material is known for its durability, still cutaway stabilizers should be used to keep the stitches crisp to avoid it from getting wrinkled.
- Choose your designs wisely: Since the denim is a tough material, designs with large embroideries are preferred on it rather than the ones which are so fragile that they seem to get lost in the fabric. One could also try doing appliqué work on them since the sturdy material of the denim is best suited for heavy embroidery appliqué work.
- Contrast the designs with the background: In order to avoid making the denim look monotonous, you can use the designs in contrast to the colour of the denim. Care should be taken not to wash it too regularly otherwise the design might fade away. Designs make with dark colour threads lasts longer, thus they are preferred over the lighter shades.
- Choose the correct thread type: Threads should be chosen in such a way that their colour stays bright and radiant even after several washes. Polyester threads mixed with rayon have the strength as well the colour durability and are hence used for making designs.
- Recycle and reuse: Since denim is a very durable fabric you might get bored of wearing the same jeans as it might not get torn. In these situations, all you can do is to recycle it and reuse it, maybe as a cushion cover or as a traditional bag and make customised embroidery on them.
Finding a pair of stylish jeans can become a daunting task for you if you are tall. Thus, if your stars are favouring you right and you have managed to find a pair of jeans which fits your best, consider it to be your most prized possession in your life.
Here is a compiled list of all the reasons why jeans meant for tall girls are designed a little differently.
- Inseam shorter in length: Inseam is a technical term used to describe the length of the pants in inches. Commonly jeans makers choose 34 to be ideal inseam. However, jeans with an inseam of 37 are also available in some shades and styles but you would have lesser options to choose from. The inseam of 37 works best for girls having a height of 5.8 to 6 feet.
- Lighter shades are only available: Most pairs of jeans with longer inseam are manufactured in lighter shades of colour because lighter shades are believed to accentuate the volume of the lower half of your body. This works best for girls who have a slimmer physique, camouflaging their height to make them look even taller.
- Shorter hemline reaching till the ankle: Jeans meant for taller ladies have hemline reaching their ankle. However, this kind of jeans is preferred as it boasts up your curves making you look all slim and trim due to the tapering near the ankle of your legs.
- Most of them are skinny in nature: Most of the jeans available for tall girls are skinny. These types of jeans are considered to be ideal for tall girls having an average height of around 6 feet, which enhance the look of all feminine features in their body. Having an inseam of 38, they fit you tightly on the legs, making your limbs look thinner.
- Size of the waist: Care should be taken to find a pair of jeans which fits right on your waist; otherwise, it can give you a disproportional look.